Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beginnings

I've now got one free web site up that has Google Ad Sense on it (http://considerhomeschooling.weebly.com/). I used Weebley for the site because apparently they encourage trying to make money through ads. It was okay to set up, easy but awkward, but very simple. I may change the layout still because I'm not too happy about the layout.

But it was easy inserting the ads! Just drag to where you want the ad to show within certain boundaries.

The other drawback to using Weebly is that they take 50% of the earnings from your ads. This blog will give me 100% earnings, and this blog is set up through Google Blogger. A lot of the free web sites put their own ads on, so I opted out of those because I don't want their ads competing with mine. This may be a mistake for traffic in the long run, but we'll see. So that's why I went with Weebly. And I didn't want to pay a dime for a web site, not even a domain.

Okay, the web site is a beginning -- or rough draft. At least it's started. I have the basic content. My next step will be to work on the keywords to bring in traffic. Fine-tuning the keywords will be important because the keywords will not only bring in traffic, but will also fine-tune which ads appear. After I work on the keywords, then I will submit to search engines. Or maybe I should submit now? Anyone have any advice on that? I obviously do not know much about all of this! I hope to someday have enough knowledge about all of this to just be able to list the steps involved!

Which brings me to another point: if I set up a blog to do the same thing, I guess I need to work on keywords, also. I think blogs are submitted to search engines, too, but I'm not sure. That is something I need to still research. But my focus first will be the web site, then I'll do the same thing with a blog.

Google has a keyword tool that I'll be using once I figure it out. The tool is found under the Ad Sense pages for your account.

No comments:

Post a Comment