Sunday, August 9, 2009

First things first!

First of all, I did all this research on the internet, googling terms such as "making money on the internet". That gave me some new vocabulary to learn, such as Google AdSense and Affiliate Marketing or Advertising that seemed to come up over and over again.

...of which I have no clue what those are...

Okay, Google is a reputable site -- in my opinion, anyway. So I learned about Google AdSense, first.

I had to create an account with Google. I already had one from Google Checkout (a way for people to make payments on my web site), and I had used Google Ad Words, too, to promote my web site. Plus I had an email account with them (g-mail). So I had to add an account for AdSense.

Of course, I still had no clue about what it is. So I did some more research while waiting to get approved for my new account. It takes a few days to get approved for the account.

I now know: it's all those little word ads that are on web sites that say "Google Ads". Apparently the ads are tailored to the word content in your web site or blog, so that the ads that show up are supposedly relevant to what you write about. You also have the option to tailor how the ads look: you can have boxes and banners, just little word/text ads, or a combo of both. I chose both. So that is what you are currently seeing on this blog here.

So that is my start.

No comments:

Post a Comment