Saturday, August 22, 2009

Links

I do a lot of thinking about all of this during the week. One of the things I was thinking about was linking all my sites together. So I'm doing more research this morning, basically about links. I was thinking about how I could put links on all my Squidoo lenses, blogs and web sites -- all to each other. Apparently this can be good, but it can also be a useless waste of time, too. There is a lot of info that is just beyond my comprehension yet. Here's a good article (I think) that I found about links: Guide to Backlinks.

Now, if you understand all that, you're way beyond me! And it looks like it's written in "plain English", too... *sigh* I'm so out of it when it comes to all this!

When researching for links, I also found this article: Banned From Google AdSense

It has some good advice. I was also thinking this week about having friends clicking my AdSense links, but that's a big no-no!! The links in this article go to Google's site with the rules, and one of the rules tells about the software in place that Google has about monitoring the clicks to protect the advertisers and the people placing ads. It has parameters set to know if the clicks are legit or not based on patterning. And you can't say in your sites to click on the ads, either. So any thoughts about trying to inflate your clicks is out the window. It all has to be squeaky clean.

Which, in the long run, will make me feel better about all this anyway...

Today's projects:

Create the homeschool site on a blog plus a Hub page
Duplicate all Squidoo lenses on a blog and on Hub pages
Link all sites together
Submit new pages to search engines

How is anyone else doing? Do I even have anyone reading this? LOL! I've earned $0 so far... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment