Saturday, August 15, 2009

Optimizing Keywords



Let's review:

How can I do this?
First things first
Beginnings

So far, my steps have been:

1. Sign up for Google AdSense
2. Build a blog
3. Find a free web site and build
4. Add Google AdSense to both blog and web site

Although my web site is not the best layout and needs work, I went ahead and
submitted both the web site and this blog to the search engines. I submitted to Google and also to Submit Express. The reason I went ahead and did this before both were "perfect" is because it takes awhile before the search engines actually crawl your site to index them. So I figure start now, and then I'll have "new" content each time I tweak or add or revamp each site, thus making them look good for the spiders that crawl the sites. Changing and adding to your sites apparently looks good when they are crawled.

The next step that I have been working on is optimizing keywords. The reason I am doing this first is because to get any kind of traffic I need these. Here's an excellent site I found that puts optimizing keywords into plain English for me: A Promotion Guide. Because I have no clue what I'm reading about search engine and keyword optimization, I need someone to tell me step-by-step what the heck it is and what to do. And this article seems to do it for me!

So onward to keyword optimization today, plus (if I have time today) reorganize the web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment